Friday, February 12, 2010

3-2-1

"3" - Today I began the countdown leading up to my first treatment day. My echocardiogram went well. I was not sure what to expect, but it was basically an ultrasound of my heart. Although I was not looking forward to another medical procedure, it is nice to know that my heart looks great!

After my visit, my husband and I went out to lunch for our "Valentine" date since I will be going to visit my grandparents this weekend. My grandpa is in a nursing home and although they have chosen not to tell him that I have cancer, someone told him that I was very sick and he has been worried about me ever since. I have not seen them since Christmas and once my chemo starts I don't know if I will be able to travel for a while, so I am going to go for a quick visit and set my grandpa's mind at ease.

So, I will enjoy the weekend and get ready for my surgery on Monday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your visit with your grandpa... I'm glad you will get to visit with him prior to your surgery. I've been praying in advance already of the treatments beginning Monday! Love you cousin!

CV said...

He is so precious. Please send him our love.

jasonliberty said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Peter and Nancy said...

Thinking of you as you get ready for surgery and treatment . . . and praying too.
Hugs,
Nancy

Pam said...

Praying for you here friend! Hang in there! BTW~I love Dee Henderson books...if you like fiction. She is great! :)