Thursday, January 20, 2011

Can I do it?

Today I met with my plastic surgeon. I feel very secure in my decision, but I am still anxious about the upcoming surgeries after finding out what all is involved and the pain potential involved with the reconstruction process. I am going to try to put it out of my mind and not dwell on it until the time for the first surgery arrives. My first surgery is scheduled for March and I hope to be done with everything by June.

With that in mind, I have just 7 weeks to lose 15 lbs. before my surgery. This is not a requirement, but is something I feel that I really need to do. I am not at all sure that it is even something that I can do, but I am making plans. :) Initially I am going to try adjusting my diet and adding exercise. If that does not work, I may have to seek professional help. :) We'll see how the first couple of weeks go!

Whatever happens, I am ready to finish my treatments, get the surgery over with and get on with my life...cancer free!

2 comments:

Peter and Nancy said...

I will be praying for your surgery, and the lead-up to it! I have never had surgery of any kind, and I'm a big chicken about it . . . so I admire your courage! :o)
Nancy

Kristi W. said...

Exciting that you are at this stage of your cancer journey! I'm glad that you aren't stressing. I will be praying with you for strength and an unusually painless reconstruction process!!! :).