Friday, October 29, 2010

Magical!

I'll give you one guess as to where we went for Fall Break this year. You are right! Disney World! It was our first trip ever and it surpassed our expectations. David and I were afraid it would not live up to years of expectation, but we were not disappointed by anything. It truly was a "magical" time!

The theatre side of David wanted to explore the Classic Mickey side of Hollywood Studios a little more than we had time for. He also loved all the puppetry and shows at Animal Kingdom. Especially the "Nemo" show. I would love to go back to Epcot and spend a little more time there. I love all the different worlds and would like to try more food. The kids were not interested in sampling food from around the world. ;) The girls favorites were "Rockin Roller Coaster" at Hollywood Studios and "Soarin" at Epcot. Nathan liked "Soarin" also and "Toy Story" at Hollywood Studios. Of course the "Jungle Safari" at Animal Kingdom was a favorite for everyone.

Micah on the other hand...it's hard to know what he will remember from the trip. We know he enjoyed it. Especially the characters. He loved the princesses and even pushed Emma out of the way so that he could hold Cinderella's hand for the photo! He talks about different things he saw and experienced. He remember being spit on by the camel on the Alladin ride. He keeps asking to ride on the bus and swim at the hotel again. There were a few things, however, where he missed it by just a bit and cracked us up! He keeps saying he rode "Gumbo." We finally figured out that he was talking about the "Dumbo" ride. After watching the "Playhouse Disney Show" at Hollywood Studios (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Pooh, and Little Einstiens), David asked him what part he liked best. Micah says, "Scooby Doo!" On the "Jungle Safari," while we were admiring all the exotic animals, Micah asks, "You smell somping Mommy?" I asked, "Why? What do you smell, Micah?" To which he replies, "Smells like cow poop everywhere!" His great sense of smell was crowding out all of his other senses I guess. :)

Now, I don't find a spiritual allusion in everything, but I could not help but think about our view of Heaven. I tread here softly. I never thought twice about talking about Heaven before, but since being hit with the very real possibility that I could go before I anticipated, I am a little more hesitant now about just throwing things out there. I am also not comparing Heaven to Disney World, but these thoughts came to mind this morning. Yesterday I heard the verse in I Corinthians 2:9. "No eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love Him!" Just like Disney, we had heard stories about it and had pictures in our mind, but we could never have anticipated fully what we were about to see and experience. It is the same way with Heaven. We just have no idea and cannot even imagine. Just like Micah, our vision is clouded by our senses, our experiences, and our humanness here on earth. I'm sure some times we miss it all together. I wonder if Jesus just looks down and smiles and thinks, "Won't they be surprised?" All I can say is on our trip to Disney, we truly felt like we had been transported to a magical world. :) I can't even begin to imagine what Heaven is going to be like!

No comments: