Sunday, October 17, 2010

Aunt Julie

Today as we begin our first ever family vacation into a new world...Disney World...I am also remembering my Aunt Julie who is beginning her first full day in a new world...in Heaven with Jesus! :) Yesterday as we were driving down, we received the news that she had passed away. She had been fighting with cancer for a while and it was just spreading faster than she could stop it. As we were shedding tears of sadness each time we heard news of the cancer spreading, we also shed tears of joy as we heard about her new-found joy in Christ. Julie accepted Christ as her Saviour this year and she was transformed! She was so full of joy and peace, even in the midst of her storm! She radiated her love for God and the promise of the new life He would give to her. She had such a sweet spirit and a heart for others.

Over the last couple of months, Julie and I had e-mailed each other on a more personal note. Since I had begun my journey through breast cancer this year, we were sharing in a fight against this awful disease. Julie was never afraid for herself. She was always encouraging and praying for me and my family. I wanted to let you see just a brief glance into her precious, transformed life. This was one of her last e-mails to me...

Dear Sweet Candice,
I have been thinking of you today too. I pray for you and family everyday.
Thank you so much for checking on me , I love you guys!
I rededicated my life to our Lord Jesus Christ Today and John & I joined the church!
I will be Baptized the following Sunday @ 6pm!
I am so happy and overfilled with joy, All to the Glory of God, He is wonderful!
I pray for the healing of your body, your emotional well being and for you and David to have more family time together also that you will be able to raise your children in the will of Lord Jesus Christ! And wow! When you believe in the All Powerful Heavenly Father, well you just claim it, because He is alive and He will take care of you!
I love you too,
Aunt Julie

I love you too, Aunt Julie and I will see you again in Heaven someday!

2 comments:

Peter and Nancy said...

I am so sorry about your aunt. What a blessing to know that this parting is only temporary . . . that e-mail is just amazing. I will pray for your family as you grieve for her.
Nancy

Julie & Patrick said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like she was a wonderful woman, who gave you much needed support in a way that only someone going through similar circumstances could.

Although this time is hard, I hope your family can still enjoy your time away...perhaps living life to it's fullest in her honor.

Julie