Friday, June 25, 2010

In the Mean Time

Finished last chemo. Feeling much better emotionally knowing that part is over. Still going for weekly Herceptin treatments. Completed blood test to check for ovarian cancer. Awaiting results for that. Second echocardiogram shows my heart still going strong. Trying to get on with life in the mean time!

Life in general is different now since my cancer diagnosis. I have to be more careful of my health now. I get tired and cranky more easily. (just ask my husband or my kids :) But, life goes on. We are going to try to take a vacation close to home in July. My sister is due to have her baby in July. Two of my kiddos will be having their tonsils and adenoids out in July. I am looking forward to it all.

One good thing a cancer diagnosis does for everyone I think, is to make them stop and evaluate what is important to them in life. I so cherish getting to do the ordinary and mundane things and I value my time with my family so much. I also have a new empathy for those fighting the battle with cancer...my pediatricians wife, my sister-in-law's mother, a friend's husband. I am reminded that our circumstances do not change who God is. He is still my Father, Friend, Healer, Comforter, and He hears the prayers of this faint-hearted soul. So, tonight I offer up prayers of praise for my healing, thanksgiving for my friends and family, and petitions for those in the middle of suffering. Amen!

No comments: