Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Soccer


Tis the end of the season for many things, and one of those is soccer. Watching my children play soccer is one of my "favorite things!" My husband used to play as a young man growing up and for the last couple of seasons he has been able to coach our girls team! It has been so much fun!

Nathan has been able to play on my brother-in-law's team and he just finished his third season. He is doing much better. His first try at it we could not keep him on the field. He just stood there and whined, asking, "Is it over yet?" The second go round he would run with the group, back and forth, back and forth, never even once glancing around to see where the ball might be. This third time around, he has actually kicked the ball a couple of times! It's what he calls scoring a goal. :) We still need a little work.

Emma is our little go-getter. She is a huge bundle of energy in a small package on the soccer field. She can play any position, including goalie, and lets all the other girls know where they need to be. :)

Hallie is our dependable one. She is usually always where she should be and can be counted on to pass the ball where it needs to be, or even score if necessary! She can defend or pursue with the best of them!

I was never an athletic type, so I am grateful to the Lord for this opportunity to watch my children play!

1 comment:

Peter and Nancy said...

I am not one bit athletic either -- I always tell Peter that he will have to teach them anything that has to do with a ball. :o) Your kids look like they're having a lot of fun, and it's neat that you appreciate and support the parts of their personalities that are different than yours.
Nancy