Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010!

Yesterday was the Breast Cancer Walk and Benefit for our family put together by my friend Dawn. The weather was beautiful and so many people turned out! We were overwhelmed by the love and generosity of everyone! Just pulling into the parking lot and seeing all the cars brought tears to our eyes. We enjoyed so much seeing people from so many different parts of our lives...friends from college, high school students, teachers from the high school, teachers from our daughter's elementary school, friends from church, friends from my husband's church growing up, family, etc. Words cannot express how blessed we feel and how grateful we are.

After the walk, I took the kids to Chick-fil-a to get a bite to eat. Emma mentioned that today had been "my day" and that they would try to be good the whole day in my honor. I then asked them if they remembered that the next day was going to be Mother's Day. That's when Hallie groaned and said, "Aw man. I don't know if we can do two days in a row!" :)

Well, today is Mother's Day and when I got up from my nap, the kids had posted home-made signs all over the house for me. The one above made David and me laugh. David said I better enjoy my day, because it looked like according to the sign it was going to be a short one! :) I am so grateful and blessed to be "mommy" to my kiddos and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world! In the midst of the cancer journey, this weekend has been an awesome reminder to me that I have friends and family who love me and a God who will provide for and take care of me! What a precious gift! Happy Mother's Day 2010!

1 comment:

Peter and Nancy said...

How beautiful to see so much evidence that you are loved -- a full parking lot of supporters, and all those wonderful signs from your kids. Happy Mother's Day, Candice!
Nancy