Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Great News!

Surgery is done. Lump is removed. Biopsy is complete. Results are negative for cancer! Continued gratefulness to the Lord for this answer to prayer and a huge relief off my shoulders wondering if I was going to have to repeat the last two years of treatment.

So, I am done with surgeries and treatment. I can handle going back for bloodwork every 6 months. There is something comforting in knowing that someone is helping to keep a lookout on my body. I will continue to walk in the Relay for Life for the American Cancer Society and I will continue to count up the years that I am "cancer free!"

I am still processing life-lessons learned, and the steps my faith-journey has taken. Who knows? In the future you may see a "life symbol" that will become a permanent reminder to me and to others of what the Lord has done in my life through this experience!

3 comments:

Traci said...

Praise the Lord!

Peter and Nancy said...

Hallelujah!!!!! I am so relieved to hear your great news! Even though I've never even met you in person, I was aching for the worry about a recurrence and treatment. This will be a joyous Easter weekend for sure!
Nancy

Leveta said...

That is so awesome! I am so happy for you. I agree with Nancy. Even though I never met you in person I too was aching for you in the possibility of a return but God had other plans. I was praying for you. Have a blessed Easter.
Leveta--wife to Carl, mom to Chad 19 (bio) Sam 16 and Kaitrin 12 both from India through Dillon.