Saturday, July 10, 2010

Final Beads

Now that I am a few weeks out from my last chemo, I finally felt like purchasing my last 2 beads for my "chemo" bracelet. A fellow Dillon mom, Amy, was so amazing and sent me a gift card to purchase my last bead. She sent enough that I was able to purchase a "C" charm for me too! Amy seems like an old friend to me, even though we have yet to meet in person. Our sons were in the same crib in India and we hope to reunite them again someday. I love that I have been so blessed and encouraged through my adoption journey and now through this cancer journey by the same group of women...and only 1 have I ever met in person. Someday I hope to change that and be able to give them a great big hug, but for now a "thank you" on the internet will have to suffice.

The blue bead is for Nathan, my first baby boy! He is such a joy to me and I have found it to be true that a little boy does hold a special place in his mother's heart!

The brown bead is for Micah. When I saw the brown, coppery color I knew that was the one. It reminds me of the beautiful color of his skin. Words could never describe the gift from God that he has been to me and to our family!

And so, my 6 beads have been purchased...one for each chemo finished. I may purchase some more charms to further personalize the bracelet, but for now each time I wear the bracelet, I will be reminded of the 6 chemo rounds completed and the 6 reasons I am choosing to "fight like a girl,"...my family!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Would love to see a picture of the complete bracelet! Love you!

Julie & Patrick said...

Lovely! Yes, yes, would love to see the completed bracelet!!

Julie

The Labontes said...

I'm glad you've got those six behind you! And I cannot think of a more inspiring thing to fight for than an amazing family. Now have fun personalizing!

Continued prayers,
Kristy

Pam said...

Candice,
I'm so glad your final chemo treatment is behind you. My grandmother has just been diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer. It's a scary time for her, for us, and now with a family history....it's hard to get past that. I haven't been doing much blog reading, but I caught up on your last few posts. Your faith is truly an inspiration! Love you girl!